Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Two guys and a smoker

We had the opportunity to smoke some Arctic Char on the weekend. We will both be trying to bring some home on the plane. The early reviews say that we did an excellent job and everone seems to enjoy it.


We smoked three Arctic Char. This is the biggest of the three. I caught this fish using a 10 dollar bill. I would love to say that I caught the fish, but we bought them from a kid at school who has a net under the ice.


This is our friend Marty who is a supply teacher at the school. He is a trained chef and the brains of the operation. He made the brine and did most of the filleting.


Here is the smoker. We picked one of the coldest days to smoke. We had the smoker in my shed, covered in cardboard, with a space heater and it was still freezing. We smoked the fish for about two hours and then finished it in the oven at a low temp. Since the smoking, my shed and snowmobile now smell like ribs!

No comments: