Sunday, May 25, 2008

Dog sledding with Maren

A couple of weekends ago, Maren took Laura and I dogsledding for the day. We went across the entire Igloolik Island. Laura and Maren spent most of the time on the sled because I felt bad for the dogs when I hopped on. The snow was sticky and everytime I was on the sled, the dogs were going much slower.


Laura and Maren resting the dogs half way through our journey. Just keeping the dogs from getting tangled is a full time job.


Maren loves her dogs. She has had them since they were puppies.


The typical self-portrait while we were riding the sled.


I took this picture while on the snowmachine ahead of them. I took about 20 shots but this was the best one. Good thing the girls are smiling.


The view from the cockpit. I hope you like looking at doggie bum!

No comments: